Flipped Green Bean CasserolePosted in Casserole, Family Favorite, Holiday, RVing, Sides, Thanksgiving, Veggie
I really enjoyed flipping my traditional Green Bean Casserole. The flipped version turned out to be every bit as flavorful as the original, but healthier and much lower in points! This dish will certainly show up on my family's holiday table.
When I Flip recipes, I never know what the final result will be—with this recipe I knew I was on the right track when my kitchen filled with an appetizing aroma! When I removed my bubbling casserole from the oven I couldn't resist scooping up a dish.
The crispy topping on my casserole features my healthy Master Breadcrumb Mix and some delicious french fried onions (I couldn't forget those). You don't need to wait for the holidays to make this simple Green Bean Casserole. Your family will love it—I received two thumbs up from mine! Enjoy.
Flip2Tasty wishes you and your family a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Holiday!
Servings: 12 Serving size: 1 Calories:78 Fat: 3g Carbs: 7g Fiber:1g Protein: 3g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 565mg Old points: 2 Point +: 2
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs (I use my Master Mix--high in flavor and low in points)
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 4 Tbsp French Fried Onions, rough chop
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed Oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed Basil
- 1 can of 98% Fat Free Mushroom Soup, condensed
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans Green Beans, drained and rinsed (You can go with lower sodium)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced Tomatoes, lightly drained (I used fire roasted for additional flavor)
- In small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and french fried onions (for topping). Set aside.
- In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, oregano and basil. Saute until onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, add condensed soup, tomatoes and cooked onion mixture. Stir. Fold in green beans until evenly coated.
- Spray 9x13 pan with baking spray. Pour green bean mixture into pan. Spread.
- Evenly sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top of green bean casserole.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until hot and bubbling.