Why this recipe? The Summer has arrived and it's the perfect time to try my new jalapeno popper grilling tray! The tray does all the work—it holds the jalapenos upright so they're super easy to stuff with anything you want. It also makes the poppers easy to transport to and from the grill. And if that's not enough, it allows the grill to saturate the jalapeno poppers with an irresistible smokey flavor!
I also suggest using a jalapeno corer—it's an excellent addition to your collection of kitchen gadgets! I had my jalapenos cored in no time! With only a few turns of the corer, I easily controlled the jalapenos' heat by removing some of their spicy veins.
The Flip: (per serving)
- Low fat cream cheese worked just fine for this recipe
- Used center-cut bacon for lower fat and higher protein,
- Use your favorite type of sausage and cheese. Next time, I'm trying chorizo!
- Make sure to use indirect grill heat so the bottoms of the jalapenos do not burn!
- The grilling tray can be used in a standard oven—be sure to place on baking sheet.
- Leftover Jalapenos are excellent! Heat them up in your microwave or oven.
Wrote by Flip2Tasty