Bacon and Sausage Stuffed Turkey BreastFriday, November 09, 2012
If you want something beyond the same old Holiday Turkey this year, look no further than my stuffed turkey breasts. I designed this recipe using various savory flavors that come together to create an incredible dish! This recipe is healthy, low on points, and easy to make.
These butterflied turkey breasts are topped with a rich turkey sausage stuffing made with my Master Mix Breadcrumbs. My breadcrumbs are filled with cheese, herbs and garlic! When I work with store bought turkey sausage I add additional herbs to enhance the flavor of the sausage. I also topped the turkey breasts with bacon to keep them moist.
With a meal like this I can indulge my cravings and watch my weight at the same time! Check out the recipe and let me know what you think. Enjoy.
Servings: 16 Serving Size: 1 Calories: 299 Fat: 7g Carbs: 2g Fiber: 0g Protein: 49g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 621mg Old Points: 7 Points +: 6
- 16 oz Turkey Breakfast Sausage (I used Honeysuckle White)
- 1/8 tsp Sage, ground
- 1/8 tsp Thyme, ground
- 1/8 tsp Fennel Seed
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Low-fat Cream Cheese, 8 oz
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Tarragon,ground
- 1 pkg Center-cut Bacon, cut in half and divided into 4 quarters
- 4 Turkey Breast, butterflied (I used my kitchen scissors)
- In skillet, fry sausage, sage, thyme, fennel seed and nutmeg over medium heat until sausage is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon, garlic and tarragon. Mix well. Fold in sausage mixture. Mix well.
- Firmly pack one quarter of stuffing mixture in middle of butterflied turkey breast.
- Drape one quarter of bacon (overlap bacon) on top of turkey breast.
- Place turkey breast in baking pan sprayed with baking spray. Tightly cover with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 80 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breast to baking sheet sprayed with baking spray. Increase oven to 450 degrees. Bake until bacon is golden brown. Watch closely bacon will brown fast!